martedì 15 giugno 2010

BatRep: Battle at Affro's

Hello,

I finally have had the opportunity to play the game I was planning!

Military patrol vs Insurgent PEFs, Sci Fi setting, Chain Reaction 3 rules: let me say that I've never found rules as good as these.

The mission: patrolling an abandoned area where Sahadeen scouts have been detected.

First of all: the table. Me and my friend Affro set up something that was between "Passable" and "OMG, that's horrible", with some well made pieces of scenary together with some crap:

As it was our first game we made some mistakes here and there, but everything has been quite smooth.

After determining the PEFs, our Recons (we played cooperatively) started patrolling the area close to the boat. A scout detached from our group found a Sahadeen presence (not a formerly determined PEF) in the Church area:

Then we kept on patrolling the other sections where we found a "false alarm" and then a "real" menace:

Then a lot of things happened! My Rocket Launcher trooper had a bad reaction to his Leader getting stunned and went away looking for cover... and became useless for the rest of the game as I sent noone to rally him (!), and we found the third PEF in the abandoned facility area, close to the Artillery Cannon:

But, despite all the resistance... at the end we won!

After this first battle I think I will have soon more... 15mm minis and THW rules are just the Holy Graal of miniature wargaming!!!!


Cheers,

Andrea

1 commento:

  1. "THW rules are just the Holy Graal of miniature wargaming!!!!"

    Yes, they are ;)
    Nice batrep! Hope to see more soon!

    RispondiElimina