lunedì 8 dicembre 2014

Five Parsecs from being back!

Hi all!

It's been a long time since I last wrote something on NNL, and I'm so sorry about that. I unfortunately (or luckily) have had lots of things to do... i.e. I now live with my patient girlfriend!

Still, I have TONS of newly painted minis and in these months I tried some very cool rules: I played with my mates terrific Ganesha Games battles (love these rules!), and I found my new paragon in wargaming rulesets: the Fivecore System from Nordic Weasel Games!

Really, this is something I did not expect: with this ruleset and its expansion Five Parsecs From Home I felt something I was missing in miniature gaming since a long time: the feeling of an adventure, story-driven game!

I never played but was a great fan of GW's original Rogue Trader because it was so full of imagination and was all about adventures and quests instead of  revolving "only" around battles... each game had a story, players and NPCs had interesting interactions and backgrounds... and this is exactly what I love of Five Parsecs: Ivan Sorensen brought back this feeling forgotten for a long time in my games!

By now I tryed the game only once with my friend Yuri (he's the one who told me about this great system!) but it was enough to confirm my first impression. I hope to be able to post soon a batrep.

BTW: I will try in the next weeks to post pictures of all the new minis I've done in these last months and be aware... I also discovered the world of 15mm fantasy, so expect to see something soon! :D

Since my last post was about ARC Fleet light recon color schemes (still my favourite sci-fi soldiers out there) I leave you with a couple of pictures of the painting I decided for some of them:

- my SWAT teams will now have a new "blue" look as I did not like anymore my former paintjob, below you see the comparison between new (left) and old (right):


- some special operations squads will now have a new camo I quite like:


All in all, I greet you with a peek to my small 15mm playground so you know I was not jocking when I said I worked on some gaming stuff in the last months ^_^'... I will post more about all my new terrain stuff in the next weeks!


Take care!
cheers
Andrea

4 commenti:

  1. That's a great looking gameboard - I'd love to see more shots of it. Looking forward to reading more about your adventures with 5 Parsecs from home, too.

    RispondiElimina
  2. Glad you liked the system and looking forward to an AAR!

    RispondiElimina
  3. Thanks Ivan for your comment! I'm slow because of real life calling (tons of things to do...) but hope to update NNL shortly with more about your great rules!!

    RispondiElimina